(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Creamed Savoy Cabbage
½ savoy cabbage
2 medium onions
2 heaped tablespoons flour
500 milliliters water
1 cup soy cream
½ cup olive oilSliced Bread Dumplings
500 grams rice
500 milliliters soy milk
250 grams hard bread roll slices
2 medium onions
20 grams mixed herbs
2 tablespoons vegetable stock
1 pinch pepper
½ cup olive oilVegetable Patties
4 heaped tablespoon rolled oats
1 big carrot
¼ broccoliOr other vegetables according to preference
1 tablespoon vegetable stock
1 ladle water
1 heaped tablespoon flour
1 heaped tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 pinch pepperFried Apple Rings
1 big apple
4 heaped tablespoons flour
1 packet (15 grams) vanilla sugar
1 packet (15 grams) baking powder
1 heaped tablespoon sugar
1 cup soy milk
1 pinch salt
On a separate plate, mix:
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons sugarDirectionsCreamed Savoy Cabbage
Sliced Bread Dumplings
- Boil some water for blanching the cabbage. Add some salt.
- When the water boiled, blanch the cabbage for approximately 5 minutes. And then put it aside to cool off a little bit. When it cools, cut them into big pieces.
- Slice some onions, and cut them in small cubes.
- Sauté them in a little bit of olive oil.
- Add in 2 spoon of flour into the pan. Mixed thoroughly. Let it froth up a bit. And then put it aside so that it can cool down a bit. Pour in the water from boiling the cabbage into the sautéd onion and stir.
- Let it boil a little so that it will become nice and thick. This will become the bechamel sauce.
- Let it simmer for a couple of minutes. Stir it well because it can burn very easily because it is so thick.
- Add in about 1 cup of vegan cream and keep stirring so that it will become a nice white sauce.
- Add in the cabbage, let it boil briefly and the creamed savoy cabbage is ready.
- Slice some onions, and two cloves of garlic and then cut them in small cubes. Put them aside.
- Take half a kg of precooked rice and add half a liter of soy milk. Blend them finely with the hand mixer until they become like mush. This is the dumpling dough.
- Take the bread for the dumpling and put them in a bowl.
- Take the fresh herbs and cut them finely.
- Sauté the onion and the garlic in a little bit of olive oil and cook them until golden brown or until they are translucent.
- Add in the fresh herbs. Let it cook for a while.
- Put the sautéd onions into the sliced bread rolls. Mix them well.
- Add in the dumpling dough, and mix them very well.
- Place a pot with boiling water.
- Take half of the dumpling dough and make long shape out of it like a rod. Wet your hands before doing this so that it will not stick as much. Do it again with the remaining dumpling dough left. So there will be two dumpling rods.
- Wait until the water boil and then boil the dumpling dough for 5 minutes.
- Take it out, and let it cool.
- When it is cool, slice with 0.5 cm thickness.
- Fry them together with the veggie patty later.
Fried Apple Rings
- Put 3 spoons of rolled oats in a pot.
- Add a bit of vegetable stock, salt, and pepper.
- Take a little bit of the dumpling boiling water, add it to the rolled oat, just covering it.
- Left it to marinate for a bit so that it can absorb the water.
- Meanwhile, grate the carrot, half a zucchini, and a little bit of broccoli and other vegetables as well.
- Add in the grated vegetable to the soaked oat.
- Mix them thoroughly.
- Add in 1 spoon of the nutritional yeast.
- Use hand again to mix them very thoroughly. Squeeze it a bit while mixing so that it combines nicely with the oats.
- Wet your hand, and make some patty from the oats like a burger patty.
- Turn on the stove to the high one.
- Place a pan for frying.
- When the oil is hot, put the veggie patty and the rice dumpling slices.
- Fry until they are golden brown and slightly crispy.
- The Vegetable patties are ready to be served.
- Peel the apple.
- Prepare the batter for the apple rings by put in 4 table spoon of flour in a bowl.
- Add in vanilla sugar, baking powder, a pinch of salt, a dash of soy milk so it will become a nice firm dough.
- Cut out the stalk of the apple.
- Add in the apple into the dough. Mix them nicely.
- Heat up the oil a little bit and bake the apples with the batter one by one.
- On a plate, mix 1 teaspoon of cinnamon with 2 spoons of sugar. Mix them.
- On a different plate, put a bit of icing sugar.
- When the apple ready, place and turn it around so that both side of the fried apple be covered with the cinnamon and the sugar.
- The Fried Apple Rings are ready to be served.