1. Put the dried gluten in hot water for about 10 minutes until they get soft.
2. Once they get soft, squeeze all the excess water and start tearing them into tiny little strips or bigger strips, depend on your preference. Put them in a bowl.
3. Add ½ tablespoon mushroom seasoning, ¼ tablespoon sugar, and ½ tablespoon salt. Mix them thoroughly, until they combine well.
4. Add in ½ tablespoon hot sauce, mix evenly.
5. Pour in ½ cup rice flour, then coat all the strips with flour so they are all dry.
6. Turn on the stove, put some oil on the pan, then let it become hot. Use medium high heat.
7. Once the oil hot, out the coated strip bit by bit. Make sure the strips don’t stick to each other.
8. Fry the strips until they become golden brown.
9. Take out the golden brown strips and drain the excess oil. Put it aside.
1. Cut the bell pepper into wedges or any shape you like, then cut them into thin slices.
2. Cut the lettuce into thin strips or any shape you like.
3. In a medium size bowl, resemble the lettuce on the base, then the red cabbage, and sprinkle the bell peppers on top of it, and for the last layer sprinkle the baby tomatoes.
4. Put the vegan kalamari in the middle of the mixed salad.
5. Ready to be served.