(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)
Southern Fried Sesame Tofu
1–2 blocks tofu (firm or medium)
¼ cup flour
2 tablespoons white sesame
2 tablespoons black sesame
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Spring onions, chopped (optional)
(Ziploc bag for combining ingredients)
Serve over rice or with chutney
Confetti Cabbage Salad
2 baby cabbages
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons mustard seeds
¼ cup of raisins
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut the tofu into 3 sections on the side, and also 3 sections on the top, and that will give us nine blocks of tofu.
- Put the tofu in the plastic bag.
- Add in the flour, the white sesame seeds, and also the black sesame seeds.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Close up the bag and shake it to get everything mixed and stuck to the tofu.
- You may press down so that the sesame seeds adhere to the tofu.
- Put the tofu into the deep fryer, and fry them for about 3 minutes or until they achieve a nice golden brown color.
- Take it out of the deep fryer and dump it on some paper towels so that the oil can drain away.
- There are a couple of ways to serve it:
- Serve it with a dipping sauce, like some chutney; Skewer the tofu. Put them in a nice plate and then dip it in the chutney and eat it from the skewer.
- Serve it over rice.
- To prepare the cabbage salad, cut the baby cabbage in half.
- Put the cabbage into a chopper..
- Add in ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar, 2 teaspoons of mustard seeds, and 2 teaspoon of pumpkin seeds.
- When they all finely chopped, add the raisins.
- Mix them well.
- Serve it as a good accompaniment to the sesame fried tofu.
- Ready to be served.