(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)
3 cups unsweetened soy milk (or almond milk or rice milk)
¼ cup sweet rice flour or brown rice flour
2 tablespoons vegan butter (or olive oil or canola oil)
3 cups (12 ounces) grated/shredded vegan cheddar cheese
(Daiya vegan cheese recommended)
1 teaspoon mustard
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
For the Nachos Supreme:
tortilla chips, beans, salsa, vegan sour cream
For the Cheesy Pasta:
⅓ pound pasta, spinach or kale or broccoli (optional)
- Pour 2 ¾ cup of soya milk into the pan, and turn the pan on medium high. Let it simmer. Be careful not to scald it and not to set the burner too high. Stir once a while. And pull the pan off the side if it gets hot too fast.
- Meanwhile, pour 1¼ cup into a bigger bowl and slowly add in ¼ of gluten-free flour or healthy flour. Mix it with a whisk or a blender. This will be used to make the thickener for the vegan cheese sauce.
- Slowly pour in the thickener into the sauce.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of organic canola oil or olive oil.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of mustard.
- Add in ½ cup of nutritional yeast.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of sea salt or just a pinch of salt for salt avoider.
- Add in one 8 ounce package of cheddar flour.
- Stir it up.
- How long it stays on a burner is just until it starts to see the cheese start to melt.
- Once the cheese already melt and the color of the sauce is starting to look like the color of a regular cheese sauce, put the sauce into a blender. And pulse it.
- Let it blend until the sauce gets creamy and smooth.
- Once it is done, put the sauce in a container and freeze it.
- To make “Nachos Supreme”, just spread some nachos on a platter.
- Pour the vegan cheese sauce.
- Add on it some red beans, or black beans or edamame, or lima beans.
- Add some organic salsa and some organic vegan sour cream.
- The “Nachos Supreme” is ready.
- To make Cheesy Pasta, use pasta or spinach (can be raw or steamed or blanched spinach) or broccoli or any kind of vegetables. Blend the spinach into the vegan cheese sauce in a blender.
- Add in hot peppers, red peppers or smoked dried paprika for anyone who like hot dishes.
- Mix the vegetable cheese sauce into hot rice or any kind of pasta.
- Ready to be served.