(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Brawny people prefer ugali because of the strength they get [from it].If you want thicker ugali, you have to cook a little faster.Kunde
Kunde (green leafy vegetable)
Cooking oilUgali (Thick Porridge)
Ugali (Thick Porridge)
- Remove the skin of the onions and slice it into small pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes.
- Heat about 2 to 3 teaspoons of cooking oil and then put in the onions. Stir and let the onions cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, let it sit for 2 minutes. Cover the pan for faster cook. Stir after 2 minutes.
- Pour in the kunder. Stir well and cover the pan.
- Let it cook for a while and then add some water for some gravy.
- Use low heat to avoid burnt.
- Add the lemon juice and stir.
- Add some salt. And let it cook for about a minute longer.
- The kunde is ready.
- Boil some water in a cooking pan. The amount of water should be according to the amount of ugali (1 water for 2 servings of ugali).
- After the water boils, add in the flour and stir.
- Add some more flour to thicken the mixture.
- Keep stirring the ugali. Use medium heat.
- Cover the pan, and let it cook.
- The ugali is ready.
Ugali and Kunde can be served in separate dish or in one dish.