(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Castilian Lentil Stew
400 grams lentils (soaked overnight)
1 small bell green pepper
1 section of red bell pepper
1 red tomato (or 2 small ones)
1 section of zucchini
2 cloves of garlic (whole)
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
Pinch of hot paprika (optional)Salad
Black or green olives
Apple cider vinegar
Pinch of saltRice Pudding
1 liter soy milk
1 stick of cinnamon
5 spoons brown sugar
6 spoons white rice
Ground cinnamon to sprinkleCastilian Lentil Stew
- Soak the lentils overnight and then drain and wash them.
- Put the lentil in a pan, add water until the water covers approximately a finger and half.
- Put the pan on a stove and start cooking them.
- Cut all the raw ingredients into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, cut the carrot, the green and red pepper into small bits.
- Add in two cloves of garlic in whole.
- Add in the zucchini.
- Add in the carrot, the green pepper and the red pepper.
- Add in the leek.
- Add in the tomatoes.
- Mix everything together.
- Add in a splash of olive oil.
- Add in the 2 teaspoon of sweet pepper, and then a pinch of hot pepper (optional).
- Add in salt to taste.
- Let them cook and cover the pan for about 45 minutes.
- The lentil is ready after 45 minutes.
- Chop the cabbage in finely strips.
- Grate the carrot.
- Mix it evenly.
- Add in the black olives to the salad.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette sauce by mixing olive oil with apple cider vinegar.
- Add 2 tablespoon of oil to the sauce.
- Start whisk the sauce until it thickens.
- Mix the sauce and the salad with wooden spoon.
- The salad is ready.
- Place the soya milk in a pot. Heat it.
- Add the cinnamon stick and the sugar.
- Add 2, 3 drops of lemon essence.
- Meanwhile, peel the lemon and add in the skin.
- Cover the pot, and let them cook.
- Meanwhile, in another stove, boil about 6 tablespoons of rice with a little bit of water.
- Cover the rice until it boils.
- When the rice boils, mix it with the soya milk in order to boil it all together.
- Let it simmer on slow heat.
- Take out the lemon peel so that it won’t leave a bitter taste.
- Let the pudding cool down.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top.
- Ready to be served.