(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)
4 pieces of fried tofu
2 cups veggie protein paste
1 cup finely chopped shiitake mushrooms
1 small bundle of mung bean crystal vermicelli
Some Chinese celery and corianderSeasoning
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
¼ teaspoon vegetable and fruit seasoning
- Cut the fried tofu into two triangle pieces.
- To prepare the filling, mix veggie protein paste with shiitake mushrooms, coriander, and Chinese celery. No need for additional seasoning because the veggie protein paste already has flavor in it.
- Fill in the filling into the fried tofu as much as possible but not to overstuff it.
- Turn on the stove and heat the oil.
- Use medium heat, and fry the bottom of the tofu only. Do not need to fry both sides because the main purpose is to fry the filling. It need about 7 – 8 minutes for the filling to cook.
- When the filling turns golden brown, then they are done.
- Meanwhile, prepare some corn starch mixture, add a little salt and sugar, and then some vegetable and fruit seasoning.
- Soak the crystal vermicelli in water. Use generous amount of water because crystal vermicelli absorbs a lot of water.
- When the tofu is golden brown, add in the soaked vermicelli into the pan, and cook it for a while.
- Add some dark soy sauce to the crystal vermicelli. Mix it.
- Add in the corn starch mixture. Mix it.
- The crystal vermicelli do not need long time to cook.
- Dish out the crystal vermicelli on a plate.
- Put the fried tofu on top of the crystal vermicelli.
- Ready to be served.