(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)
2 cups rice (uncooked)
Bell peppers (red, green, yellow)
½ cup sesame
2 tablespoons fried garlic
Toasted sesame oil
Salt to taste
- Cut the onion in half and then continue cutting in strips.
- Cut the bell pepper, take out the seeds and cut in strips.
- Cut the carrot into squares, and then into strips.
- Cut the zucchini into squares, and then into strips.
- Take the leek, take out the leaves, and cut it in half, and then cut it lengthwise.
- Cut the green beans lengthwise.
- Cut the cabbage into stripes.
- Pre-cook the vegetables by putting them in boiling water. Leave it in a minute more or less. The carrots stays 1 or 2 minutes, the bell pepper 1 minutes, the cabbage is quickly taken out after it’s put in.
- Pour the vegetables in cold water to concentrate on the flavor of the food.
- To prepare the rice, strain the rice so that the grains will be separated.
- Put a good amount of olive oil in a hot pan.
- Add in the onion into the pan, stir with the two spoons, moving from the bottom upwards so that the onion will not damage. Let the onion “sweat” a little.
- Add in the leak.
- Add in the carrot. Mix.
- Add in the bell pepper, the green beans, and the zucchini. Mix.
- No need to cook too long because the vegetables are already pre-cooked.
- Add in the rice.
- Add in the cabbage.
- Add in a few pinches of salt.
- In the same time, mix the sesame and the fried garlic.
- Ready to be served.