Mediterranean Bread Salad (Fatoush)
Bread (any kind of old, leftover bread)
3–4 tomatoes, diced
6–8 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup olive oil
Zucchinis with Walnuts
2 long zucchinis
1–1½ cups walnuts
Jamaican pepper (Allspice)
1–2 cups olive oil
Hummus bi TahinaMediterranean Bread Salad (Fatoush)
450 grams chickpeas (soaked overnight, then cooked)
½ - ¾ cup tahini (sesame paste)
10 cloves garlic
1½ cup lemon juice
Zucchini with Nuts
- Take the leftover bread, and toast it in the oven until it becomes brown and hard.
- Set aside the toast bread.
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Take the garlic with the skin, crush it and the skin loosened very easily. Carefully mince the garlic very finely.
- Mix the garlic and the tomatoes.
- Keep the garlic and tomatoes mixture in the fridge for about 2 hours before serving.
- After 2 hours, take out the tomatoes, and then add in some olive oil and salt. This should be enough salt to taste.
- Cut the toast breat into bite pieces by tearing it with hands, not with knife.
- Add in the bread into the tomatoes just before serving.
- After adding the bread, add a little more salt and olive oil.
- Serve with zucchini and nuts and also the hummus bi tahina.
Hummus bi Tahina
- Roast the nuts sligthly in a pan before using them without anykind of oil.
- Meanwhile, cut the zucchini into slices and then salted them for about 20-25 minutes and put into a strainer.
- To dry the zucchini, simply line them up on paper towel, and dry them. And then salt them again.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Use enough oil to cover the pan’s surface because zucchini absorb a lot of oil. Use only olive oil.
- Sprinkle allspice on the zucchini generously.
- Meanwhile, chop the roasted nuts with knife.
- Turn over the zucchini and sprinkle the all spice again.
- And add in the chop nuts.
- When the zucchine already a bit brown and a little soft, take it out from the pan and put it on a dish.
- The nuts may stay a little longer to release more flavor.
- After that, take the nut without the oil and put it on the zucchini.
- Soak the chickpeas in water overnight, and then boil them the next day until it cooked.
- Blend the chickpeas with garlic to make it into hummus.
- Blend the tahini with lemon. Tahini is sesame paste.
- Put the hummus and the tahini together.
- Ready to be served.