(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip MuffinsDry ingredients:
2½ cups all-purpose flour (organic unbleached)
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon saltWet ingredients:
15 ounce pumpkin purée
1½ cups soy milk (or almond milk, coconut milk)
⅔ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Brown Sugar Flax Seed Topping:
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
½ cup vegan butterBananaberry Smoothie
2 cups fresh strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries
2 tablespoons agave nectar
2 cups ice
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together the dry ingredients as follows: 2,5 cups of all purpose organic unbleaced flour, 1 cup of sugar, 2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1,5 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Set aside the dry ingredients.
- Mix together the wet ingredients as follows: 15 ounce can of pureed pumpkin, 1,5 cups of non-dairy milk, ⅔ cup of vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients all very well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, and add in the wet ingredients and also add in some chocolate chips.
- Fold these into each other until it’s well combined.
- Put the dough into the muffin cups, and fill them up about ¾ of the way.
- Before baking the muffin, make a brown sugar flax seeds drizzle to go on top by mixing 1 cup of all-purpose flour, ½ cup of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed.
- Once they all mixed together, add in the vegan butter for about ½ cup cold vegan butter that has been cut into small cubes.
- Mix them all until they really well incorporated.
- Crumble this mixture over the muffins.
- Bake the muffin at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Put into the blender: 2 bananas, 2 cups of fresh strawberries, 1 cup of frozen blueberries, 2 tablespoon of agave nectar, 2 cups of ice.
- Blend them all until really well mixed.
- Pour them into two cups.
- For garnish, put a small slice of strawberries.
- Ready to be served.