(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)
1 kilogram fresh beans
1½ liters water
3 medium ears of corn
1 sprig basil
1 fresh onion
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons red pepper
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ fresh pumpkin
- Boil some water. When it hot, add some basil leaf so that the water has the best flavor.
- Clean out the bean skin and put the bean in a bowl.
- Cut the pumpkin into medium cubes.
- Peel the corn from its cob, and then make it into puree in the blender. Add a leaf of basil and a bit of water. The consistency should not be too runny.
- When the water already boils, add in the bean into the water.
- Let it cook for about an hour.
- After that add in the pumpkin.
- Stir a bit and cover the pot.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and garlic.
- Put some oil in the pan, add the chopped onion and garlic.
- Add in a touch of soy sauce, a touch of pepper,
- Add in the garlic mixture into the bean pot.
- Add in the corn paste into the bean pot little by little. Stir and keep stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame.
- For garnish, preheat 2 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is hot, add in a bit of pepper. When it is done, put it on top of the dish.
- Ready to be served.