1 (12 ounce) package soy chorizo or any vegan sausage
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 chopped sweet onion, chopped
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup pumpkin
1 cup garbanzo beans
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon crushed
red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sriracha to taste
Sweet and Tender Cornbread Muffins
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup vegan milk
(such as soy milk)
1 teaspoon sea salt
⅓ cup sugar
⅓ cup oil
Pomegranate Walnut Salad
8 ounce baby spinach
1 fresh pomegranate
¼ cup chopped walnuts
2 once flaxseed oil
Directions (to make pumpkin chili):
1. Add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan.
2. Add the chopped onion.
3. Stir that around to sauté it a little bit before adding the rest of the ingredients.
4. After a few minutes, add peppers and vegan sausage.
5. After sautéing the onions and peppers, add 12 ounces of the vegan sausage. And mix these together well.
6. After a couple of minutes, add organic pumpkin, diced tomatoes, and a cup of vegetable broth. Stir that together.
7. Add the garbanzo beans, 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1 tablespoon of ground cumin, and stir that around.
8. Add about ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
9. Let that cook together, and add just a little bit of Siracha seasoning to taste.
10. Let this cook over medium heat for about 30–45 minutes,
11. Then you can serve it or save it.
Direction (sweet corn bread muffins) :
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line the muffin pan with muffin papers or spray it with oil so that the batter does not stick.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine the soy milk, 1 cup of soy milk or any vegan milk, and ⅓ cup of oil. Mix that together and set it aside.
4. Combine all of dry ingredients: 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of organic cornmeal, ⅓ cup of organic sugar, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, and 1 teaspoon of sea salt. Mixing them together.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix that together. Just until it is combined,
6. Spoon the batter into the muffin pan.
7. Fill each cup about halfway with batter, and the rest of the way it will rise on its own.
8. Put this in the oven.
9. Bake these for about 25 minutes or until golden on top and baked all the way through.
Direction (salad) :
1. The star of this salad is 1 fresh pomegranate,
2. top a bed of 8 oz baby spinach, accompanied by ¼ cup of chopped walnuts, and drizzled with 2 ounces of flaxseed oil.
3. In a large bowl, place washed baby spinach or any organic greens.
4. Top them with the chopped walnuts and drizzle over flaxseed oil.
5. Add the pomegranate which we have already opened.
6. Remove all of the fruit from the skin,
7. Top them splendidly on our spinach walnut salad
8. It is ready to serve to our guests.