VEGETARISMO - UN NOBILE STILE DI VITA
Heralding a Vegan New Year with Festivities and Food in Formosa (Taiwan) - P1/2 (In Formosan)
Steamed Sponge Cake
1,200 grams short grain rice (Japonica)
1 cup flour
1 package rapid rise baking powder (including two small packages)
1 liter water
1½ cups sugarFull-of-Joy
10 wonton wrappers
Some corn kernels
Some sweet yam
1 small apple
10 lettuce leaves
Vegan shredded proteinPeaceful Chestnut
600 grams oyster mushroom tops
200 grams vegan ham
20 grams vegan meat patty
and green pepper
3 tablespoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons vegan satay barbeque sauce
Chinese cedar sauce (Toona Sinensis Pasta sauce)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons non-alcoholic mirin
1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning
White pepperSteamed Sponge Cake:
- Blend 1 packed of baking powder with 1.200 grams of short grain rice.
- Soak the rice in water for 3 hours. After that, put half of the rice in a blender, add in 500 ml of water. Put on the lid, and blend it for about 2 minutes. Pour the blended rice in a pot. Then repeat for the half remaining rice.
- Add the sugar to get it dissolved.
- Sift the flour first, and then add the flour, and stir a little bit.
- After the batter is rising, spoon it into the bowl. Fill it to 90% full, so that when it expands, it will split on the top and it will look pretty.
- Put the steamer on the stove. Use high heat and let it boil.
- When the water in the steamer boiled, put in the bowls and let the batter steamed for about 20 minutes. Keep using the high heat while steaming.
- After 20 minutes, take the cake out, and ready to be served.
- Soaked the mushrooms for a while until it is softened. Stir-fry the mushrooms with some oil. When the aroma has come out, turn off the heat.
- Add some salt, some white pepper powder.
- Stir and mix it well.
- Peel and cut the sweet yam and the carrots. Cut them into little pieces, soaked them briefly (to retain their bright color) and then steam them.
- Pour them in.
- Next, peel the pineapple and the apple, cut into pieces, pour them in.
- Pour in the corn kernels.
- Mix them well, and put in onto a plate.
- Next, take the wonton wrappers. Trim them into circular shape.
- Heat some oil, and when the oil is hot enough put the wonton wrappers in for the deep-fry.
- Since the wonton wrappers is flat, press it lightly with a soup spoon to form a concave shape.
- Just fry briefly until slightly brown.
- Take it out, and drain the oil.
- Arrange the wonton wrappers one by one.
- Put the lettuce on the bottom of the wonton wrappers.
- Put in the mixed vegetables on the lettuce.
- Add some cashew nuts on top.
- Add some vegan mayonnaise on top.
- Ready to be served.
- Peel the shell of the fresh chestnuts and steam them.
- Cut the bell peppers.
- Fry the vegan meat and vegan ham until they are golden brown. Take it out and set it aside.
- Fry the oyster mushroom for a while until they become crispy. Take it out and set it aside.
- Fry the bell peppers. Take it out and set it aside.
- Stir fry some ginger until the flavor comes out. Use low heat.
- Add the vegan barbeque sauce, the soy sauce, and the Chinese cedar sauce.
- Put in chestnuts, the vegan meat, the vegan ham, and the oyster mushroom.
- Stir them for a while.
- Add some water so it will be absorbed.
- Add in the bell peppers.
- If needed, you can add a little bit salt just to taste.
- Ready to be served.
|File NO: 1251,1252,