(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)
200 grams pot barley
100 grams potato
100 grams beans
250–300 grams smoked tofu
40 grams onion
2 cloves of garlic
150 grams vegetables for soup (carrots, celery, etc.)
½ large or 1 small (50 grams) fresh red pepper
1 teaspoon (5 grams) paprika powder
20 grams tomato paste
Fresh green parsley
40 grams oil
- Soak the barley and beans overnight.
- Chop the onions into really fine pieces so it will cook faster.
- Chop the peppers finely.
- Chop the potatoes into small cubes.
- Chop the carrots into little cubes.
- Chop the parsley root and the celery finely.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes and spread it all over nicely.
- Mince the garlic extra fine.
- Heat the oven to the highest temperature.
- Add some oil to the cold pot. Not too little oil otherwise the onion will burn.
- When the oil hot, add in the onions and quickly fry it until it becomes slightly translucent.
- Add in the garlic.Cook it slightly.
- Add in the peppers. Mix slightly.
- Add in some water.
- Slowly add in the soup vegetables: the sweet peppers, the carrots, the parsley root, and the celery.
- Add in the potatoes. Let it simmer a little bit for about minutes
- Finally add in the barley and the beans.
- Add in the tofu at the end.
- Add some more water if the stew is too thick and increase the temperature slightly.
- Add in the salt. Cover the pot and let it simmer
- Lower the temperature and let it simmer.
- Add in the tomato sauce. Stir and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Finally add in a little more parsley for decoration.
- Ready to be served.