(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)
Yellow split peas,
Serve with rice
- Drain all the water from the soaked peas.
- After that, add turmeric powder, a little bit of salt, small piece of ginger, coriander seed, and also add chili powder (optional).
- Put them all in the blender, add some water and grind them to become a nice paste.
- If the paste is not thick enough, add some more peas.
- If it is too thick, then add a little bit of water. Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Heat the pan, add oil as needed.
- When the oil is hot enough, add in the mixture by using a spoon. Put it into the oil for the amount of half a tablespoon and let it fries until it turns golden brown on both sides and looks like a small ball.
- Take the ball out of the oil, drain the oil and let it sit.
- Put some water into a bowl, add in some of the remaining mixture. Stir it.
- The thickness of the water mixture is depends on your option.
- Boil the water mixture in a pot.
- Add very little amount of salt.
- Keep stirring, and when it boils add in the fried balls.
- Add lemon juice according to taste and some coriander leaves into the sup.
- Pour the curry sup into a bowl.
- Ready to be served with rice.