(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Brown Rice
3 cups brown rice
4 cups water
1 teaspoon salt Minced Tofu & Burdock
1 block firm tofu
100 grams burdock
5 grams ginger
2 tablespoons sesame oil
½ cup water Condiments & Garnish
1½ tablespoon miso
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon water
- Wash the brown rice. Place the rice in a bamboo strainer and check for small stones and rice grains that still have husks and remove the stones and the husks.
- Measure 3 cups of brown rice and place it in the rice cooker. Add in 4 cups of water and add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Put the lid on the cooker and let the rice cooked.
- It takes about 40 minutes for the brown rice to cook.
- Meanwhile prepare the minced tofu and burdock.
- Cut the tofu into thin pieces and place them in a bamboo strainer to drain the water.
- Shave the burdock into slivers.
- Turn on the heat. Put 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in the pan.
- Add in the tofu pieces in the pan. Crumble it into smaller pieces.
- Keep the tofu cook until the water in tofu evaporates and it dries out.
- Meanwhile, start boiling garden peas.
- Add some salt, then place the peas in the pot.
- Stir the tofu from time to time and then put the tofu into a bowl.
- To maintain the green color, blanch the peas in cold water after boiling it.
- To cook the burdock, pour 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a pan.
- Put the burdock in and stir fry.
- To reduce the harsh taste, stir-fry at high heat. The smell is emerging. When the smell begins to subside, this means that the harsh taste has dissipated.
- Turn down the heat to low. Add half a cup of water. Increase the heat and cook the burdock until the water completely evaporates. Stir them from time to time.
- Meanwhile, cut the garden peas crosswise.
- Grind the ginger and put it into the burdock pan. Stir it one more time.
- Add in the tofu, and then add the mixture of miso and a spoon of soy sauce and water. Stir it.
- The tofu topping is done.
- To serve, put the rice in a bowl and then arrange the tofu topping.
- Add in the ginger as preference, arrange the garden peas on the side.
- Ready to be served.