(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)The ingredients of Adzuki spread:
500 grams adzuki beans
3 spoons marjoram
6 cloves garlic
3 spoons sunflower seeds
3 teaspoons salt
ground black pepperOptional ingredients:
6 spoons of buckwheat
Mung bean sprouts
- Boil the adzuki bean in the same water which is used for soaking them for about 20 minutes.
- Cover the pot with a lid so that it boils faster.
- Remove the foams that come out. Be careful not to let the water overflow.
- After the beans become tender, move it onto a plate.
- Add the beans with 2 or 4 cloves of garlic. Fewer is better. Add more later if needed.
- Add in the sunflower seeds, the marjoram, salt, pepper, and the oil.
- The oil should be enough so that it will be easily spreadable.
- Mix them all together with a hand mixer until it is fine.
- Add some more salt, marjoram and oil if needed.
- If it is too thick, add a bit of reboiled water, but only a little bit, or the oil.
- The adzuki bean base spread is ready.
- For alternative, you can add buckwheat and mung bean sprouts.
- Pre-soaked the buckwheat overnight so that they’ll become tender.
- Pour out the soaked water, and rinse the buckwheat with clean water.
- Add in the buckwheat, and mix it with the handmixer. No need to make it too smooth, let it left a little bit so it would taste like nuts.
- Add in the mung bean sprouts, mix it with handmixer.
- The alternative spread is ready.
- Both the original adzuki bean spread and the alternative can be used as spread for bread.