(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)
2 Butternut squashesStuffing
1 pound seitan
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 onion, chopped
½ cup celery, chopped
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 cup basmati rice, cooked
2 – 4 teaspoons tamari
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon basil
2 tablespoons tahini
Canola oilBasic SeitanBatter
5 cups vital gluten flour
3 tablespoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons dried sweet basilLiquids
5 cups filtered water
½ cup tamari
1 teaspoon liquid smokeStock
1 cup tamari
3 tablespoons rice syrup, sorghum, or molasses
Filtered water to fill half of 12 quart pot
- Peel the plantains and scrape them, and then cut them into pieces.
- Place the plantains in a pot.
- Add a bit of water into the pot, put the lid on, and let it boil for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes or so, add the ground peanuts and then the tofu.
- Stir a bit with a cooking spoon.
- Add some more water if the water has reduced, and stir.
- Add in the salt, and stir.
- Add in the hiomi, and a bit more water, so the peanut can be well cooked.
- Wait for another 5 to 10 more minutes, and then add in the red palm oil. Stir.
- Wait for another 5 to 10 minutes, and so the plantains are ready.
- Serve the plantains with chopped parsley and sliced carrots as garnish.