(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Rice cake Soup Stock
6 shiitake mushrooms
5 sheets of kelp
5 pieces of soybean protein
1 tablespoon soy sauce
King oyster mushroom
Red bell pepper
- Slice some rice cake bars to be used in the rice cake soup on a slant.
- To prepare the soup stock, put in a pot the shiitake mushroom, the radish, the kelp, and the soybean protein.
- Pour in the water and let it boil.
- After boiling for about 10 minutes, the flavor will seep into the stock.
- Remove the ingredients from the stock which are to be used as garnish.
- For garnish, slice each ingredient into long stripes.
- The garnish can also be made into rice cake skewers (dduksanjeok). The skewers will be pan-fried until they are golden brown.
- Pan-fry the garnishing ingredients one by one
- Cut the red bell pepper, the shiitake mushrooms.
- To make the gardenia seed garnish, add potato starch and pour in the gardenia seeds soaked water. And stir well. Add a bit of oil in the pan, and make a thin pancake with the well-stirred gardenia seed water mixture. Fold it twice and press it. And then slice it thinly.
- To make the rice cake soup, add in all the sliced rice cake into the boiling stock.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Let it boil.
- The rice cake soup is done.
- Place the garnish on top of the rice cake soup. Arrange the garnish in rainbow color.
- The rice cake soup is ready.