(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Whole Wheat Bread
2½ teaspoons yeast
1⅓ cup soy milk (original, unsweetened)
1 heaping teaspoon sea salt
2½ tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1½ teaspoon granulated soy lecithin
¼ teaspoon powdered ascorbic acid
1¼ cups white bread flour
1 tablespoon gluten flour
2 cups whole wheat flourSunflower Seed Vegan Sour Cream
½ cup raw sunflower seeds
½ cup warm, cooked brown rice
¾ cup filtered water
¼ teaspoon dill
1 teaspoon sea salt
1½ teaspoons onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
⅓ cup lemon juiceBlack Bean Soup
6 cups black beans
16 cups filtered water
1 heaping teaspoon mushroom seasoning
2 tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon thyme
⅓ cup olive oil (cold pressed)
Juice of 2 lemons (fresh squeezed)
½ white onion (finely diced)
5–6 cloves garlic cloves (minced)
Whole Wheat Bread
Sunflower Seed Vegan Sour Cream
- Put a little bit water in the bottom of the cup, about one inch high and then add the soy milk until it fills 1⅓ of the cup. This way it will keeps it from becoming too much dominated by the soy milk taste.
- Add in 1¾ teaspoon of yeast into the hopper on the bread machine.
- Add in 1½ teaspoon of sea salt into the soy milk cup, and then ¼ teaspoon of ascorbic acid, next is the soy lecithin, stir them well.
- Add in the olive oil to the mixture and stir it until it all combine together evenly.
- Take out the canister from the bread machine and pour in the mixture into the canister.
- Add in 1 cup of white bread flour, 1 tablespoon of gluten flour, and then 2 cups of whole wheat flour into the canister.
- Put back the canister into the bread machine, turn it on, and let it goes for 4 hours.
- When the bread is ready, wrap it up and let it set there for at least half an hour so that there will be no yeast problem. If you want it to eat it right away, just slice it and put it in the toaster. This will takes care of the problem.
Black Bean Soup
- Put in ½ cup of sunflower seed into a blender.
- Add in ½ cup of warm cooked brown rice, ¾ cup of water, ⅓ cup of lemon juice.
- Add in 1½ teaspoon of onion powder, ½ teaspoon of garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon of dill weed, and a little bit of salt to taste.
- Let it mix until it reach a creamy texture.
- For more whiter look, you can add a little bit of soy milk powder.
- This sunflower vegan sour cream can be used as a spread on sandwich, to be put on top of baked potato, or as a dip.
- Ready to be served.
- Presoaked the black bean for 20-24 hours with salty water.
- After that, pour out the water.
- Put the bean in a kettle and add in the fresh water. Just fill up the water until about 1 inch from the top. This way it will avoid spillage.
- Boil the bean with high heat, and then when it starts bubbling, turn it down to medium heat. Stir it once a while so that the bean won’t stick to the bottom.
- Add in the onion, the garlic, and the lemon juice.
- Add in the mushroom seasoning, ½ teaspoon of cumin, less than half teaspoon of sage and thyme.
- And when the bean is soften, add 1 tablespoon of salt, and stir it.
- While serving, and when the soup is not too hot, add in the olive oil, and mix it.
- Place the soup in a serving bowl, and put on top of sup a little bit the sunflower seed vegan sour cream and a bit of parsley.
- Ready to be served.