Soba Salad Recipe
1 bundle buckwheat noodles
1 small cucumber
5 leaves green perilla leaves
1 or 2 Japanese ginger
½ package radish sprouts
2 green bell peppers
1 sheet fried tofu Dressing
2 tablespoons sesame oil
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Sauté the fried tofu in the frying pan without adding any oil until the outside is nice and golden brown.
- Keep the flame strong until the tofu turns brownish.
- When the tofu starts to get smoky, turn the heat down. Let the tofu cool down.
- In the meantime, cut the vegetables: the cucumbers into long thin strips, the perilla leaves and the Japanese ginger into long thin strips, the green pepper and the carrot into small strips.
- Cut the fried tofu into thin small strips.
- Boil a lot of water to keep the noodles from sticking together, spread them evenly in the pot. Boil the buckwheat noodles in the pot for about 6 minutes.
- Stir them gently but not too much as the noodles can break easily.
- Put the noodle in the bamboo basket. Rinse well with cold water to take out the sliminess of the noodles.
- To prepare the dressing, mix well 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, 4 tablespoons of rice vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- Arrange the food, first, the buckwheat noodles, then put the vegetable toppings: cucumber, radish sprouts, green bell peppers, carrots, Japanese ginger, green perilla leaves.
- Add the thin slices of fried tofu.
- Sprinkle it with the dressing.
- Ready to be served.