(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)
- Peel the yam and cut it into pieces.
- Wash the yam twice.
- Put the yam in a clean pot, add a bit of water and cover the pot.
- Cook the yam for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes into small dices.
- Mix the tomatoes with leeks and celery.
- Chop the bell pepper, and add in to the tomatoes mixture.
- Soak the njangsang in a bit of water, and then grind them.
- Add in the njangsang into the mixture.
- Add in the garlic. Mix it well.
- Take the pèbè, crack it to open, remove the part in the middle, soak it in a bit of water, and when it is soft enough, grind it.
- Add in the grounded pèbè into the mixture.
- Put some water in a pot, place it on the stove, and then add in all the ingredients. Let them boil.
- While boiling, stir once a while.
- Close the pot and wait for 10 to 20 minutes.
- And then stir again and add in the tofu, some salt.
- Let it boil for another 10 minutes. Stir once a while.
- Place the steamed yam on a dish, and pour in the sup.
- Ready to be served.