(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Sushi Rice
720 milliliters rice
70 milliliters vinegar
40 grams sugar
20 grams salt
10 centimeters long
piece kelp Sushi Contents
1 package radish sprouts
1 package natto (fermented soy beans)
1 small carrot
Pickled plum paste (to taste)
2 deep-fried tofu
1 red bell pepper
40 sheets toasted
nori sheets for
- To make the sushi rice, the amount of water must be reduced a bit with equivalent of the sushi vinegar. Cook rice in the rice cooker.
- To make sushi vinegar, mix vinegar with 4 tablespoons of sugar beets and 2 teaspoons of salt. Mix until all sugar melts.
- When the rice is ready, transfer the rice to a wooden container for sushi.
- Loosen the rice, and while the rice is very hot, quickly mix sushi vinegar with the rice.
- Pour sushi vinegar over the rice making use of the surface of a spatula in a circular manner, then cutting the rice with the spatula, spread the sushi vinegar evenly.
- Use a fan to let the moisture quickly evaporate. Continue mixing while fanning.
- Place a wet cloth over the sushi container and let it sit for a while so that it can prevent the sushi rice from drying out.
- Cut the bell pepper and the cucumber. Remove the stems, and cut in half and then cut into two or three equal parts.
- Place the deep fried tofu on a frying pan until a little bit of burnt marks appears on both side, then cut the tofu into thin slices each with a width of 5 – 7 millimeters.
- Next, cut the avocado, remove the skin, cut into 3 or 4 equal parts.
- Peel the carrot, then cut it into slices of 5 millimeters thick.
- Sprinkle some salt on the strips.
- Cut the radish sprouts, cut the roots off.
- Remove the seed of the pickled plums, then put them in a mortar and grind with a pestle and make a paste.
- Sprinkle some sesame on the plum paste and mix it.
- Add a bit of mustard and soy sauce into the natto or fermented soybeans. Mix it slightly.
- Place a sheet of toasted nori on your hand, then put some sushi rice on top. Place the rice in the form of an inverted down triangle.
- Make a space in the middle for some wasabi if you like or after finish rolling up, dip it in the soy sauce mixed with wasabi paste and eat.
- Place the contents of your liking on top.
- First, begin with the perilla leaves, then the cucumber. To make it more attractive, place the cucumbers so that their tips stick out of the nori.
- Next, place the avocado pieces, red bell pepper, and then some radish sprouts.
- To make the roll, make a triangular pyramid shape, and then begin to roll, and roll, and roll.
- Each hand-rolled sushi is distinctive.
- The sushi can be eaten with favorite soy sauce, or with combination of wasabi paste and soy sauce or anything you like.