(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Sweet Potato Coconut Dessert (Serves 4)
300 grams coconut milk
800 grams thin coconut milk
300 grams sweet potato, peeled and cubed
300 grams taro, peeled and cubed
300 grams cassava, peeled and cubed
200 grams sugar
50 grams potato starch sticks
100 grams mung beans, soaked
10 grams kelp, soaked and cut into thin strips
Pandan leafJelly Ruby Jewel Coconut Dessert (Serves 4)
1.2 liter filtered water
15 grams agar powder
200 grams coconut milk
Pandan leaf color extract
400 grams sugar
200 grams cooked and puréed mung beans
100 grams ready-made grass jelly
100 grams tapioca starch
pearls – soaked, boiled, cooled in cold water
Sweet Potato Coconut Dessert
Jelly Ruby Jewel Coconut Dessert
- Pour the thin coconut milk into the pan.
- Add a little salt.
- Let it boil.
- Meanwhile, cut the pandan leaves, and add it into the pan.
- Boil it to cook for a few minutes, then remove the pandan leaves.
- Add in the sweet potatoes, taro, cassava, potato starch sticks, mung bean, kelp, sugar, and mix it well.
- Let it boil to cook.
- When it has softened and cooked well, then add the coconut milk.
- The Sweet Potato Coconut Milk Dessert is ready to be served.
- Pour the agar powder into a pot along with 1 liter of filtered water.
- Stir it well, and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 2 portions.
- Take 1 portion and add to it the pandan leaf color extract.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes for the agar to coagulate.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sugary syrup by adding sugar to a pot with the remaining 200 grams of filtered water. Let it boil.
- Once the sugary syrup condenses, it is done.
- When the agar has coagulated, use a crinkle cut knife to cut it into visually appetizing stripes.
- Put the mung beans into a glass, then the clear agar, green agar, and the grass jelly, pomegranate jewels, sugary syrup, and lastly add in the coconut milk.
- The Jelly Ruby Jewel Coconut Dessert is ready to be served.