Savory Mountain Bread
- Put in a bowl water, yeast, and sugar, then stir them together. Let rest there for 3 minutes to rise.
- Add sifted flour, salt, and olive oil into a bowl, and mix well.
- Add the cup of water in risen yeast into the bowl of flour, mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Then use hands to knead the flour for 9 minutes. If the flour is too sticky, add more flour. If there are too much flour, add more oil.
- Put it in the container, cover it with a piece of cloth to set it aside. Leave it for an hour to let it fully rise,
- Divide the kneaded flour into small dumpling portions. Take each portion, flatten it.
- Add filling into the middle of it, like some olives, some green pepper, chives, or a few pieces of red pepper and some onion as optional.
- Seal fillings inside the dumpling tightly. Garnish some onion, red pepper or olives on top (optional)
- Place the buns in baking pan, one at a time, leave some room between them so they don’t stick together.
- Place baking pan in the oven, start baking.
Mountain Bread is usually served as desert or dinner
Sweetly Spiced Horchata
- Add all ingredients into a cup, mix well.
VEGETARIANISM: A BRAVE WAY OF LIVING