- The use of ceramic pot is better for this recipe.
- Fill the pot up to 80% full with about 6 liter of water. Boil the water.
- When the water boiled, add in the first Four Herbs, which are: the dong guai, the rehmannia, the white peony roots, and the chuanxiong.
- Add in the Four Gentlement herbs, which are: the ginseng, the poria, the licorice, and the atractylodes.
- Add in the last two herbs, which are: the cinnamon and the astragulus root.
- Let it simmer for about 45-60 minutes, but no more than 60 minutes.
- After about 50 minutes, the color of the soup should be dark brown.
- Scoop out the herbs.
- Add some salt to taste.
- Pour the herbal stock into the casserole pot to make the Perfect Reunion Hot Pot.
- Add in 10 fresh organic vegetables as preference, for instance: carrot, turnips, cabbage, chrysanthemum greens, bok choy, corn, golden pumpkin, tofu, mushroom, and celery.
- Let it cook for a while.
- Ready to be served.